In 2020, online sales are soaring across the board. Because of that, new eCommerce companies are popping up all of the time. But how do you stay on top of the pack and set your business up for success in this increasingly competitive marketplace? One of the main things you’ll need to do is work on driving traffic to your online store.Whether you’ve just launched or you’ve been around for a while, everyone is looking for ways to increase eCommerce traffic and ultimately get customers to purchase their products. From social media to SEO, working with influencers and more, these proven ways will surely drive traffic to your online store. But before you get started on trying to figure out how to get traffic to your website, here are a few things to consider in order to make sure your site is ready to turn increased traffic into increased sales.Organize your site with an uncomplicated structure and clear CTAs. Make sure shoppers can easily navigate your site to find what they’re looking for. If your product catalog is not directly on your site’s homepage, add a prominent “Shop Now” or “Start Shopping” button that leads customers there.Make it clear what you offer. Have you ever visited an online store and had to wander around before you really understood what the product was that they were selling? Don’t make that mistake. Make it clear on your homepage what services you provide.Remember that photography is king. We’re living in a visual age. High-quality product photography is a must so customers can see exactly what they’re getting. In fact, 83% of US smartphone users said product photography is "very" and "extremely" influential to their purchasing decisions.OK, now you’re ready to get started on increasing your website traffic and converting it into more sales.
01. Attract Customers with a Sales CampaignWhen shopping online, do you immediately click the “sales” tab to find the best prices, or is that just us? By creating the right sales campaign, visitors will come running to your website looking for a good deal. Whether that campaign is planned just in time for the next holiday season or for no particular reason, people will respond.To get you started, here are some campaign ideas you can implement:
- Offer a competition or giveaway
- Create a coupon available on your website only
- Create a sense of urgency: Flash sale, Free shipping or Upcoming sale
- Buy one, get one deals
02. Target Your Audience on FacebookDid you know that 75 percent of consumers turn to Facebook before making a purchase? That’s reason enough to be active on today’s most popular social network. Plus, it’s one more way for customers to hear from you and stay up-to-date on your business’s news. The following methods will help you utilize this social network to the fullest.
- Create a Facebook page
- Run Facebook ads
- Integrate Facebook shop
03. Use Instagram’s Many FeaturesDepending on your business, Instagram can be a huge asset for increasing traffic to your website. Use it to cultivate your brand and to give people a look into how your product is developed and how your store is run. Let your customers fall in love with your business and with you.
- Optimize your Instagram bio
- Use Instagram stories
- Integrate Instagram with your site