How to boost your local SEO strategy and improve your local search ranking. There are plenty of aspects to this, so let’s focus on the most critical ones:
1. Claim and optimize your GMB listingGMB or Google My Business is essentially the most critical part of your local SEO strategy. This tool from Google allows you to create free business listings. And according to Moz, it’s one of the top factors that Google will consider when ranking businesses in organic local search and snack pack results.To start, go to the Google My Business website to claim or create your listing.Graphic from Google's page to claim your GMB listingYou need to provide the following details for your GMB listing:
- Your full and correct business name
- Your physical store/office address
- Your exact location on a map
- Your business category
- Your phone number and website
- Provide your business hours.
- Provide additional categories that may be relevant to your business.
- Provide additional phone numbers if available.